Quality Assurance ManagerTetra Pak Limited• Quality Management of the factory in Nairobi. Key functions include Integrated ISO management system, Customer claims handling, supplier claims, supplier evaluation, and specification management, represent the converting factory in one of the Key Account Management team in marketing department.
• Leading the Quality Management Pillar; this entailed all the improvement project of waste reduction & process capability as well as claims & complaints reduction. Performance indicators- Total waste, customer complaints & claims, defect reduction, compliance to specification (Sigma Index i.e. process capability index).
• Internal auditing of the Integrated Management System(QMS; EMS;OHSAS)
• Coordinated the factory to attain the ISO 9001:2000(Quality) in 1996 ISO 14001:2004(Environment) we were the 2nd in Kenya; ISO 18001:2007(Safety) in October 2007.
• WCM Quality Management pillar was launched in Jul 2003.
• The factory achieved the JIPM Award in Jan 2007
- Kenya Polytechnic, Nairobi
Kenya PolytechnicHND Food Science & Technology
Food - Quality Option
Quality Laboratory AnalystLyons Maid East Africa Limited• In charge of all raw materials analysis for the production of ice cream; also the in-line quality checks of the production and finally the claim handling of the finished goods and supplier raw materials.
• Introduction and setting up of the quality laboratory at the Ice Cream factory.
- Kenya High School, Nairobi
Kenya High SchoolSciences
Please sign up to view Janet Munyao's full profile.SIGN UP
- Quality management
I am a Food and Beverage professional with 32 years in manufacturing industry and read with interest about your esteemed organization. Out of the long experience 6 years were with Lyons Maid (E.A) –Ice cream producing where I held a middle managerial position. I am not working currently.
In the period 1983-2010 I worked in Nairobi, Kenya as the Quality Assurance Manager of Tetra Pak Limited. Apart from the overall quality management of the plant I was also responsible for the IMS (Integrated Management Systems) from 1997 to 2009. Tetra Pak was the second company in Kenya to get the ISO 14001 certification by SGS in 2001. Tetra Pak is the leading food packaging company for liquid products in the world with converting factories worldwide & Nairobi Kenya is one of the two in Africa.